Tuesday 22 December 2009

Top 10 TV ads of the decade

I watch my fair share of television, and often find myself watching the commercials in the breaks. Normally it's the time to go and make a cup of tea, or flick channels, because many adverts are nothing but dross. But on occasions, an advert catches my eye.

Some TV commercials are amazing, and others thought provoking. Many rely on the application of state of the art technology to achieve their impact.

Some adverts cause me to ask - now how did they do that? It was very entertaining then to see a TV programme this week which showcased some of the greatest ads of the decade. Here are the top ten TV commercials (voted by viewers) that have graced our screens over the last 10 years. They are inventive, creative, funny and entertaining. I hope you enjoy watching them as much as I did.


10: PG Tips: 'It's the Taste' (2008)
9: Sony Bravia: 'Paint' (2006)
8: John West Salmon Advert (2001)
7: T-Mobile Dance (2009)
6: Guinness: 'The Tipping Point' (2007)
5: Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate 'Coming in the Air' (2007)
4: Honda Accord: 'Honda Cogs' (2003)
3: Compare the Market: Alexander the Meerkat (2008)
2: Skoda Fabia: 'Original Cake Car' (2007)
1: Hovis Bread: 'Go on Lad' (2008)

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment