Monday 24 September 2007

Trains, coaches and ICL 2007

I'm off to the Interactive Computer Aided Learning (ICL 2007) conference tomorrow morning. It's held at the Holiday Inn in Villach, Austria (pictured right). First I will be flying into Ljubjana, Slovenia, to stay the night before taking the train up the following day. Villach is a real pig to reach, so a night in Ljubjana beckons. The subject of my talk (which is co-authored by my wife Dawn) is 'Evaluating Wiki as a tool to promote quality academic writing skills'. She's done some interesting work developing wikis for 'minimum core' delivery at the University of Plymouth recently.

ICL is a new conference circuit for me, but I notice that a couple of familiar faces will be presenting at the event, so I won't feel totally lost. Star blogger Graham Attwell (Wales Wide Web) tells me he will be arriving about an hour before he is due to present - cutting it fine, mate. Mark Kramer (whom I first met at EDEN 2006 in Vienna) will also be there, and one of the keynotes will be provided by Andy DiPaolo (Stanford University) who was also at EDEN 2006. I'm looking forward to it. Well most of it....I'm chairing a session on Friday in which every single one of the speakers has a name I cannot even begin to contemplate pronouncing properly. Should be fun. For the audience. I will try to blog from the conference as things unfold. Now, does anyone know where I can find a good diction coach?

No comments:

Post a Comment