Monday 3 September 2007

The big T's

Well, I have managed to arrive in Nottingham in one piece and the drive up was absolutely fine. I also found the East Midlands Conference Centre without trouble, although it took me 45 minutes to walk up to the venue from my 'B & B' in Beeston. They seem to be short of letter T's here in Nottingham because the sign above the entrance actually reads 'Eas Midlands Conference Cen re'. Could this be an ominous portent - The 'T' in ALT stands for 'technology' - might this also be dropped (and with it all the shiny new technology)? I don' hink so...

Even with the dropped T's this year's ALT-C conference venue looks good, and although there are only a few people milling around at the moment, the place looks ideal for a successful conference. I can imagine it tomorrow buzzing with delegates. The exhibitors stands (all but JISC, who's stand is so large in the foyer that it's actually difficult to see) are all placed nicely around the outer edge of the 'Banqueting Hall' where it looks as though we will be enjoying most of our meals. Overall, good first impressions, and there are even some free access networked computers near the poster displays (I'm using one now). If I bump into you at ALT-C this year, say hi. Oh - and enjoy the free icecream on offer when you visit the ALT stand in the entrance hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment