Friday 7 September 2007

Flickr, Flash and Friends

Back in my office this morning, I find myself reflecting on what was a very frenetic, challenging, enjoyable and tiring conference this year at ALT-C 2007. It was all over in a flash, but I have the blisters left as a reminder, (my hotel was 3 kilometres away from the conference centre) and a slight ringing in the ears which was a legacy of the very loud music at Jongluers (Tuesday night pictured) and Club Eleven (Wednesday night). Actually, Sam Easterby-Smith (Bolton University) has captured many of the images of that evening, and you may even catch a pic or two of me in his collection on Flickr.

By far the best conversation I had on the last day of the conference was over lunch just before everyone departed. I happened to glance up, and across the table from me was the incoming
ALT-C 2008 conference chair John Sandars (Leeds University). We got talking (as you do) and then realised suddenly that we had been referring to each other's research in our respective writings. We found we have a lot in common and I hope we are able to work together in the future on some interesting e-learning/medicine related projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment