Tuesday 29 June 2010

Grand tour

I'm off on my travels again later today, this time on a grand tour taking in the length of Europe. After a brief visit into the University of Plymouth, to shake hands with my Vice Chancellor and collect my Teaching Fellowship award, it's a quick dash off to Bristol Airport to catch my afternoon flight to the land of the midnight sun. Yes, Helsinki (via Brussels) is my next port of call where I will be working for a few days at the invitation of the Finnish Research Academy. I will be working in a team of Education experts from Sweden, Denmark, the UK and Greece, to evaluate a number of recent large scale research proposals. I hope I can get some sleep during Finland's white nights.

On Sunday it's down to Frankfurt and a meeting with my old friend Sigi Jakob-Kuhn (follow her as @Networking_Lady on Twitter) in Wienheim, before moving onwards the next day to Heidelberg to attend the International Networking Conference and chair some of their sessions on e-learning. I will meet up with several old friends there too, including my colleagues from the Atlantis Project, Udo Bleimann, Tillmann Swinke, Ingo Stengel, and of course the University of Plymouth's very own Steven Furnell.

It's all change again on Wednesday 7th July when I fly from Frankfurt down to Barcelona to participate in another exciting event - the Personal Learning Environment Conference. A whole host of well known activists, (reading like a Who's Who PLE researcher list) will be speaking at this event including Graham Attwell, Alec Couros, Ismael Pena-Lopez, Dirk Stieglitz, Paulo Simoes, Ricardo Torres Kompen, Palitha Edirisingha, Cristina Costa, Wolfgang Rheinhart, Carmen Holotescu, Gabriela Grosseck, Sebastian Fiedler, Dave White, Jose Mota, Chahira Nouira, Su White, Manish Malik.... I could go on, but you can read the impressive list of speakers for yourself at the link below. There will be some alternative sessions including a speed-cafe style presentation set. We have been told we need to make our own personalised badges too, in keeping with the PLE flavour of the event. You should see my full colour @timbuckteeth badge - it's a corker!

The full programme for the @PLE_BCN event is here at this link. It's going to be a very busy, tiring but enjoyable 10 days for me on my grand tour.

Image source
Creative Commons Licence
Grand tour by Steve Wheeler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at steve-wheeler.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment