Friday 28 August 2009

Educamping in Austria

I'm not particularly keen on camping out. I find it a little intense. But Educamp is another matter, and I have just been invited by supremo Martin Ebner to host/chair/moderate an English speaking track for this illustrious event. You may recall, if you are a regular reader of this blog, that I took part remotely in an earlier episode of Educamp, when it was held in March in illmenau, Germany. Or I would have participated, if my audio links to the conference had actually worked ... here's my account of what happened. Well, this time, I will be there in person, so unless I am struck dumb, all will be well, and people will actually be able to make out what I'm saying (....look - stop it!)
Educamp is really different. Here's what Martin says about this 'unconference': 'You go there and then we are offering an empty session plan and any participant who likes, stands up and says they want to do a session on this topic and [they] pick one of the empty places .... this will be done before the camp starts and then we can go to any session and discuss it - no papers and no prepared presentations, just on the fly and discussion.' Interested? Intrigued? Come along and find out more.... (no need to bring your tent, because it's not that kind of camp)

Educamp is held in Graz, Austria this November, and it promises to be just as eclectic, challenging, ad hoc and stimulating as previous Educamp events. Click on the link above and you will get the English version, and if you are so moved to do so, think about attending and doing a presentation. I'd look pretty silly sitting there chairing a session in English, which no-one was speaking at.... wouldn't I?
PS: No tents were harmed during the making of this blogpost.

No comments:

Post a Comment