Wednesday 6 August 2008

This will hurt a lot

I take it all back. The NHS isn't all bad and last week it actually saved my life. It was a little ironic that my last blog post was entitled 'This won't hurt a bit', because it was an excruciating experience I can tell you, and one I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy.

I was away up north in Tyne and Wear visiting my wife's family recently when I was taken quite ill and rushed into Casualty at Sunderland Royal Hospital. I got to spend a whole week there being treated for acute pancreatitis, caused by a gall stone. I won't go into any more details than that, but I would very much like to acknowledge the skill and dedication of the doctors, nurses and other staff who nursed me back to (a semblance of) health.

I may have to cut back a little on some of my many activities over the next few months as I recover, because it's a long, slow and complicated process, I have been told. Thanks to all those who have sent their good wishes over the last week via Twitter, FaceBook and so on. It is much appreciated. This month's National Insurance payment was certainly worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment