Thursday 14 August 2008

Casting the pod

I have just been alerted to a new podcast available here that covers my presentation on self-organised learning and Web 2.0 that I gave in June at the St Virgil Centre for the Edumedia Conference in Salzburg, Austria. Edited by Andreas Auwarter (part of the Pontydysgu team), it offers links to my blog and also the powerpoint presentation I gave. I talk about mentoring, personalised learning, nomadic learning, and how blogs and wikis can be used in teacher education, and I explore the idea behind using social software to support professional learning. I also outline some of the findings that came from the MentorBlog project we conducted at the University of Plymouth earlier in the year. I also touch on the idea of using microblogs (such as Twitter) and images to show how students can capture their experiences whilst on their placements as student teachers.

It's warts and all - including asides, quips and interaction with the audience at the conference venue. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment