Monday 12 March 2007

Technocrappi

Technorati have let themselves down I reckon. They are supposed to be one of the best blog tracking services around. Yet a couple months ago I discovered that my posts were not being logged, (as of today, according to them, it has been 80 days since I last posted to this blog - which was a surprise, believe me) and they don't recognise any of the other blogs that have linked to mine. I have sent four pleas for help over the last 6 weeks, and other than the obligatory "If you don't hear back from anyone within a week, please accept our apologies for the delay as we may be experiencing a backlog in Support. Please feel free to send us a reminder of your ticket...etc, etc", message. Other than that, not a sausage ... not a glimmer of help... I despair.

It has upset me so much that I have decided to leave the country. On Thursday I'm off to Sweden again, via London Heathrow, where I can be mistreated by people I can actually see - i.e. airport security guards and taxi drivers rather than some faceless technocrats who seem to be a law unto themselves....

Seriously though, I have been invited back by those good folks at the University of Umea (pronounced OOH! ME! OH!), to do some staff development workshops with their ... er... staff. I'm talking about social presence in online learning again, but this time I will be taking my wiki with me. I have been told I should also take my skis, but I've already fallen out with Technorati. I don't want to make it a double whammy with my insurance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment