Wednesday 14 February 2007

Valentine's Day Massicker

First thing you get when you rise on Valentine's Day (if you're lucky) is a card, a bunch of flowers, or a box of chocolates. Nice. I awoke this morning to find that my dearest had placed a massive tube of Toblerone on my pillow. Later, I will be washing the melted chocolate out of my hair. Next, you log on, open up your e-mail box and find a lovely message from someone waiting to be read (probably your lover, or her best friend). You open it to read the sweet nothings, and arrrghhhh! It's not what you think! It's an attack of the worms. Not very romantic on this romanticest of days. (Is that a word? It is now...) Here is a warning from our cyber guardians Sophos about this latest malware attack.

Subject lines used in the attack, say Sophos, are many and varied, but all pose as a romantic message. Some of them include "A Valentine Love Song", "Be My Valentine", "Fly Away Valentine", "For My Valentine", "Happy Valentine's Day", "My Lucky Valentine", "My Valentine", "My Valentine Heart", "My Valentine Sunshine", "Send Love On Valentines", "The Valentine Love Bug", "The Valentines Angel", "Valentine's Love", "Valentine's Night", "Valentine Letter", "Valentine Love Song", "Valentine Sweetie", "Valentines Day Dance", "Valentines Day is here again", and "Your Love on Valentine's". It all means the same thing, unfortunately. It's that rotten
W32/Dref-AB worm again.

An arrow through the heart? I'd say so. When those cyber criminals are finally caught, I hope they get a damn good slapping. I wouldn't be in their shoes for love nor money.

No comments:

Post a Comment