Sunday 11 March 2012

Radio Waves

I have just returned from a very enjoyable few days up in Leicester where I spoke at the NAACE Annual Conference. The event was well organised, and we were all very well looked after. I had the pleasure of meeting up again with several old friends, and was pleased to make so many more new friends during the three days of the event, which was held at the Marriot Hotel. Having dinner with former Education Secretary Charles Clarke and hearing his inspirational after dinner speech was a significant highlight of the conference, as were the many encounters with truly knowledgeable and passionate educators from across all sectors of education. Other significant presentations came from the likes of David Mitchell, Stephen Breslin and Mick Waters, all three of whom presented in the same plenary session on the final day of the conference.

Leon Cych approached me prior to my keynote to request an interview about the content of my presentation and I was happy to oblige. The link to the short 3 minute audio interview is below:

Interview with Steve Wheeler at #Naace12 (mp3)

After my keynote, I was interviewed again, this time by an extraordinary young man. 16 year old Lewis Phillips is a student at Inverkeithing High School in Fife, Scotland, where he helps to run the RadioWaves internet radio station. Many of the interviews conducted by the RadioWaves team of school children during the conference can be found on this website. My video interview can be accessed from this link.

Image source

Creative Commons License
Radio Waves by Steve Wheeler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at steve-wheeler.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment