Wednesday 28 July 2010

Web feats

I'm away on my family holidays for the next two weeks, and I am fairly sure that where I'm going there will be no wifi Internet connections. That's probably a very good thing, because it will mean that I won't be tempted to continue working, and I can have a well needed rest. Yet I also suspect that I will probably begin suffering from web withdrawal symptoms after... well, a few hours really. No Twitter, no Facebook, no Google searching for stuff I really want to know more about. How many others are in that position? Am I an internet addict? Who knows? I don't think so, but I enjoy using it whenever I can, and miss it when I can't. But I need a break and so there you have it.

I'm also conscious that there is a readership for this blog (already this month over 10,000 views have been recorded), and so, during the time I'm away, I have arranged for some of my new blog posts - a series of 7 called 'Web Feats', about the most useful social media tools for learning - to be time released during the next two weeks. So keep watching this space and don't touch that dial, as they say in television land. I hope you enjoy reading the posts, and will also keep sending in your comments. Keep participating, and adding to our knowledge of the web and how it can enhance, extend and enrich learning. That's what this blog is all about. So, please keep coming back. I won't be here for the next two weeks, but my robot will look after you.

Image source

Creative Commons Licence
Web feats by Steve Wheeler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment