Friday 15 January 2010

New smart devices

I was asked some time ago if I was interested in giving a presentation at Learning Technologies 2010. To be honest, I knew very little about this conference, which will be held this month at Olympia in London. And yet it seems that with over 4000 delegates pre-registered for the event, it is one of the largest learning technology training and development events in Europe. I had a long telephone conversation with the conference chair, Donald H Taylor, discussing the possible content of my presentation and we eventually agreed that I should talk about new smart devices. Don wanted me to move the discussion on from the smart phones, toward an area where augmented reality tools are being introduced into training and development contexts.

And so here it is: my slideset which I will present on 27 January in London at Learning Technologies 2010. I hope to meet as many people as possible in my session at Learning Technologies, but if you can't be there, at least you will be able to see my slides. And of course, as ever, any constructive feedback is very welcome.


For those who take their slides with a little music, here is the same slideshow on Animoto (with an unplugged version of Shine by Take That) courtesy of @james_wilding. Thanks James!

No comments:

Post a Comment