Monday 29 June 2009

100

In September 2008, Jane Hart created a list of 100 learning professionals to follow on Twitter. Inevitably the list grew to more than 1000 individuals in the Connexions Directory, and now she has compiled another list of 100 featured learning professionals, who in her own words: 'will provide you with information, inspiration and interaction on a range of educational and workplace learning topics from around the world - via their blog, on Twitter or on other social networks'.

It's a bit like the movie '300' I think, except that this list is only a third of the size, it's not quite as epic, and none of us are wearing loin cloths (well, I can only speak for meself of course). And I'm not sure who we would be fighting until the last (wo)man against - possibly After-Dinner-Jab or some such similar middle eastern dictator? No, seriously it's simply a useful list containing a number of well known and some lesser known educators, learning technologists and theorists, all of whom, according to Jane, are well worth following. The list has the added bonus of also listing not only each professional's Twitter links, but also their blogs and websites too, so it's eminently clickable.

I was very pleased, nay honoured, to be included in the list, so I am apparently considered as one of those who provide the three 'I's for those who are interested in e-learning. No list is perfect and I suppose many out there will argue that some people who they would include are missing, and others don't deserve to be there in the 100. Some may even argue that we shouldn't have lists, because they emulate a kind of taxonomy which simply isn't on in the Social Web. Maybe there should be a meta-list (a list of lists)? Whichever way, it will never be perfect, and any list is just a set of recommendations. Thanks anyway Jane for adding me to your recommendations. I will reciprocate if ever I compile a list of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment