Tuesday 17 March 2009

Feeling the pinch .... again

Multi-touch screen technology is the way forward apparently. I can see just how persuasive this argument is when I look at my own iPhone and see all the possibilities. I picked up my wife's phone a few weeks back to call someone back, and forgot. Hers is not a touch screen phone, and I found myself trying to pinch gesture, in vain. How long will it be before other phones are going down the route of the iPhone?

Erik Klimczak, creative director of Clarity Consulting believes it won't be long. Second Light, the second generation of the Microsoft Surface Computing device is only a couple of years down the road, and as experience tells us, second generation devices are less buggy than the first versions, have a lot more support from manufacturers and user groups, and most importantly for the success of adoption, are a lot cheaper to buy. "Everything is moving to touch and multi-touch so you had better jump on that bandwagon," Klimczak said at a recent developers conference. It won't be long before we find out if he is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment