Saturday 24 January 2009

Pass, friend and enter

Remembering passwords is not easy for many of us. The same goes for usernames sometimes. I don't know how many you have, but my collection of usernames and passwords for all my social networking sites, e-mail accounts, banking and online shopping services drives me crazy. I often have to resort to sending a help message and then waiting and waiting, sometimes for hours to get an e-mail reminder. It doesn't help my blood pressure, believe me. Having trouble remembering yours too? Roboform might just change all that, but we shall see.... Here's how it works. You use its onboard password manager to enter all your passwords for all the sites you visit on a regular basis. Once all the date is saved, you can even port the details between computers using the synchronize feature.

Oh, and it claims you can also defeat those nasty keyloggers - by entering all your personal data just once into Roboform, you will be able to complete any future online forms you encounter with a single click of the mouse. Sounds like a good deal so I'm going to try to break it right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment