Thursday 2 October 2008

A proper twit

It's better than Technorati and more accurate than guesswork. It's probably also excessively self-indulgent, but then, so is a lot of the read/write web. What is it? Why it's the Twitter Grader and it informs you of the power and effectiveness of your microblogging activities.

In short, it lets you know just how big a Twit you really are. Here's how it works. It grades you on a score of 1-100 based on the following criteria:


  • The number of followers you have

  • The power of this network of followers

  • The pace of your updates

  • The completeness of your profile
  • ...a few others (I would really like to know what those are, but they ain't telling).

There is even an automatic Tweet hyperlink to so you can send your rating direct to your Twitter feed (check me out - I'm Timbuckteeth in the Twittersphere). With Twitter becoming increasingly important as a social networking and communication tool, and more and more twits appearing every day, this little gismo seems like a neat tool to use to measure your progress and success levels. So I did a little exercise to see how high a Twit score my Twittersphere friends have and here are the results...

Howard Rheingold = 99.8

Josie Fraser = 95.7

Andy Powell = 91

Cristina Costa = 85

James Clay = 75

Kath Trinder = a big duck egg (0) - some mistake here, surely?

And finally, get this - Graham Attwell = Proxy Error!

My own score is 68 on the Twit scale - which means I am only a low grade twit in comparison to all my mates. So now you know just how successful a twit I am. All I need now is something similar to measure how I'm doing as a human being....

No comments:

Post a Comment