Friday 18 July 2008

Fame again please

Well, they covered the story two weeks ago in one of the local rags. You know, local boy does good on the world stage. I am of course referring to the fellowship awarded to me by EDEN last month in Lisbon. So I get a call last night to say - do you know your picture is in the paper tonight? My first reaction was - you hum it, I'll play it.

But when I looked, there I was in full colour with a big headline in the Evening Herald. I didn't expect them to run the story again, but they have, this time with a photo. There is some journalese of course - 'Globetrotting academic', 'Lecturer nets fellowship', etc. Then there follows some editorial about what the jorunalist thinks e-learning is and how I can keep students away from lecturers through the use of technology. As if I would do such a thing... It's all the newspaper cliches I can't stand. But, I guess, all publicity is good publicity, at the end of the day, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment