Sunday 6 April 2008

Larry Snotter makes a MUVE

I thought it would be fun to give Larry Snotter another outing, so here he is, once again, in all his glory...

Tragically, trainee chat room Wizard Larry Snotter has become addicted to Second Life. His avatar, a disturbingly thin blonde woman with a twisted smile, has begun to dominate his life. His irritating little friend Nobby (himself a reformed Internet addict), takes it upon himself to help Larry to quit…

LARRY: You don’t understand Nobby. I've got to keep going back. I don't belong here in RL. I belong in your world – in Second Life. It's the only place I've got... friends.

NOBBY: Friends who don't even text Larry Snotter?

LARRY: Well, I expect they've been.. hang on, how do you know my friends haven't been texting me?

Guiltily, Nobby produces Larry’s SIM Card.

NOBBY: Larry Snotter mustn't be angry with Nobby -- Nobby hoped if Larry Snotter thought his friends had forgotten him... Larry Snotter might not want to go back into Second Life, sir...

LARRY: Give me that. Now.

Nobby frowns sadly, then runs out the bedroom door. Larry desperately chases Nobby, dashing headlong down the stairs and into the kitchen. As Larry races in, he finds Nobby standing on the bench top, waving his arms. Larry’s personal computer floats into the living room, hovering 8 foot above the parquet flooring.

LARRY: (Horrified) Nobby... Please... No...

NOBBY: Larry Snotter must say he's never going back online.

LARRY: I can't. Second Life is my home.

NOBBY: (With a tragic expression) Then Nobby must do it, sir. For Larry Snotter's own good.

Nobby snaps his fingers. The computer plummets to the floor, and smashes, sending shards of glass and pieces of plastic flying.

In a fit of rage and grief, Larry turns Nobby into a toad.

No comments:

Post a Comment