Tuesday 12 February 2008

Scaling new heights

I'm very pleased to have been invited to speak at this year's 4th EduMedia Conference: "Self-organised learning in the interactive Web" - A change in learning culture? which will be held 2-3 June at the University of Salzburg, Austria. I have also been roped into serving on the scientific committee for a special track entitled: Technology Support for Self-Organised Learners, which is being organised by Marco Kalz. Marco and I spent some time working together last year in Austria and Holland, and he works at the Netherlands Open University, in Maastricht, my old stomping ground.

I'm looking forward to meeting up again with Marco and his colleagues, and also to hearing some interesting and stimulating papers from the presenters that are lined up. The theme of cultural changes mirrors some of the work colleagues and I are doing in preparation for the new book 'Connected Minds, Emerging Cultures', which will be published in the U.S. in the Autumn. I shan't be indulging in any mountaineering in the Alps while I'm out there, but I do hope that learning about emerging technologies will help us to scale new heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment