Monday 14 January 2008

BookFaced cheek!

I had a message passed on to me this morning from a trusted friend (my wife, OK?): "Someone with a lot of cheek is cloning FaceBook profiles. This person copies our pictures and creates a profile similar to ours. Then s/he sends scrap, spam or garbage to our contacts or friends in Hi5 and other profile sites. Friends are insulted…or asked for personal information…" (Sounds like the Inland Revenue).

"Send this message to your friends", said the message, "to prevent them from being offended in your name by other people. If you receive some junk mail from me, please inform me first, OK? Send this to all your friends!" (Kind of like spam?)

Well I never. Some people have far too much time on their hands. So if you are one of my friends on FaceBook, and you receive an insulting message from me, it's (probably) not me... right? But of course, you can't be certain. This blog may have been hijacked too.... Sven

No comments:

Post a Comment