Saturday 10 November 2007

Not a peep

It was nice to get a mention in this week's Times Higher Education Supplement. The THES has a regular tongue-in-cheek section called Peep's Diary, which reports on all things quirky, humorous and slightly 'out of left field'. This week it chose my recent blog entry 'Crossed Lines' about US teachers using FaceBook and the potential for 'dodgy' scenarios to develop. Well, there's a lot in the press about FaceBook and other social networking tools these past few days, and not all of it is positive. It's a shame the spotlight has been turned onto the negative aspects of FaceBook. Y'see, I still think there must be some constructive ways to use FB and other social tools directly to support learning and teaching - but no-one has yet reported any uses directly to any of my online questionnaires. I would love to hear from teachers or faculty about their experiences, good or bad. If I'm proved wrong about FaceBook, you won't hear a peep from me...

No comments:

Post a Comment