Friday 10 August 2007

Not so Technocrappi after all....

I'm grateful to Technorati for finally fixing my blog statistics. It has been quite a while and I first blogged about the saga way back in March. My blog reactions (for the uninitiated, those other blogs that think my site is so cool that they cannot resist linking to it from theirs) and my ranking (the Technorati scale you rise up through as more blogs link to yours... it's all rather complicated really) were simply not registering. I went to the blog regularly, but my outpourings were sinking without trace!

I tried everything, sent message after message, and even started to seek out tall buildings... In the end I resorted to a bit of pestering in the right area - directly onto the Technorati help forum itself. After three messages and a great deal of irony (some might called it sarcasm, but what do they know?) I managed to grab the attention of one of the Technorati cogniscenti (does this sound Latin?) to come in and fix my blog.

Hooray! I now have a Technorati authority rating of 11 - that will impress all the traffic cops around my neighbourhood. They wouldn't dare touch me now. "Do you know what speed you were doing sir?" "No, but I have a Technorati rating of 11!" "Oh. Sorry to bother you sir..."

Now I can go on holiday secure in the knowledge that my blog is fully functioning and regular, and has a clean bill of health. Right. Now who do I contact to fix this cold, changeable, crappy British weather? Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment