Tuesday 31 July 2007

MyFace or SpaceBook ... or MyFaceBo?

Still the debate goes on. Which is the best, MySpace or FaceBook? And where is Bebo in all this? I know I have already been on my hind legs ranting about this, but I'm coming back to it, as it seems so many are interested in it. I'm getting more hits for my last post on this subject than for all the others put together, so here goes...

There are those who dis FaceBook (see
NightMonkeyShines for example) because it is too easy to get caught up in the friends or potential friends list, especially if you fall into the trap of finding out who else you 'know' is already a FaceBook user. Says NightMonkey....

"I tentatively gave that information only to have a list shoot back that had every name checked in the list. If you went too fast through this screen, it would "appear" that the checked boxes were all people who had Facebook accounts but if you read the fine print you see that it defaults to sending everyone in your address book and invitation to open a Facebook account... ergo it sends SPAM!!!"

NightMonkey (who is apparently a cat sat at a desktop) closed down their FaceBook account immediately, but maintains a MySpace account to keep in touch with their students. Well, I shamelessly admit that I keep
Bebo, MySpace and FaceBook accounts for similar reasons. But I still prefer FaceBook. Perhaps one day we won't have to choose and they will all merge together into a MyFaceBo space... yeah right, when hell freezes over.

More next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment