Thursday 7 June 2007

Back to Eden

I'm flying off to Italy (Napoli) next week to attend the 16th Annual EDEN Conference. I've never been south of Rome before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Bay of Naples, Amalfi Coast and perhaps even making a day trip to Pompeii whilst I'm there. I will beg steal or borrow access to a networked pc during my time at the conference so that I can blog the latest news about what's being discussed and the issues of the day.

This year's conference promises to be another good one (last year over 600 delegates attended in Vienna, and the quality of the papers was generally fairly good), and I hope to meet up again with EDEN General Secretary Adras Szucs (pictured with me at EDEN Helsinki, in 2005).
Michael Moore (Pennsylvania State University, USA), Grainne Conole (UK Open University) and Ge Daokai (President of China TV University - the largest university on the planet) are among the keynotes speakers. The conference is predominantly about distance education, and I will be presenting my own paper on wikis.

No comments:

Post a Comment