Wednesday 23 May 2007

Neisse work if you can get it...

Deep joy, I'm off to the Czech Republic again on Sunday - second time in a month - for a week of teaching at University Neisse in Liberec. Neisse is unique (unless you know differently), because it comprises students from three countries - German, Czech and Polish. For the first year they study together as one group in Liberec, second year in Poland and for their third and final year, they study in Germany. It's a cultural melting pot, I can tell you!

I'm looking forward to the trip, because they are great kids, and are really motivated to learn - not just their subject, but also as much technical English as I can get in during the five days I'm with them. We will look at interpersonal psychology, information technology, communication skills, rhetoric, slang, idioms, and so on. I will try to keep this blog going while I'm over there and may even post a few pics, if I can upload them from my camera. In the meantime, have a look at the
Czech Mates Wiki for some more details on Neisse...

No comments:

Post a Comment